Globalmedcure involves the use of electronic communications to enable healthcare providers at different locations to share individual patient medical information for the purpose of improving patient care. Telehealth services also include remote monitoring, tele-pharmacy, prescription refills, appointment scheduling, regional health information sharing, and non-clinical services, such as education programs, administration, and public health. Medical service providers may include primary care practitioners, specialists, and/or subspecialists. The information may be used for diagnosis, therapy, follow-up, and/or education, and may include any combination of the following: (1) patient medical records; (2) medical images; (3) live two-way audio and video; (4) interactive audio; and (5) output data from medical devices and sound and video files.
Electronic systems used will incorporate network and software security protocols to protect the confidentiality of patient identification and imaging data and will include measures to safeguard the data and to ensure its integrity against intentional or unintentional corruption.
Primary responsibility for your medical care should remain with your local primary care doctor, if you have one, as does your medical record.
- Delays in medical evaluation and treatment could occur due to deficiencies or failures of the equipment and technologies.
- Possible difficulties in understanding the accent may result in chat or email other than voice calling communication, which may take 24 hours or more..
- In rare events, the provider may determine that the transmitted information is of inadequate quality, thus necessitating a rescheduled telehealth consult.
- In very rare events, security protocols could fail, causing a breach of privacy of personal medical information.
- In rare events, a lack of access to complete medical records may result in adverse drug interactions or allergic reactions, or other judgment errors.
By checking the box associated with “Informed Consent”, you acknowledge that you understand and agree with the following:
- 1. I hereby consent to receive Globalmedcure services through telehealth technologies. I understand that Globalmedcure and its consulting providers offer telehealth services, but that these services do not replace the relationship between me and my primary care doctor. I also understand it is up to Globalmedure the service provider to determine whether or not my needs are appropriate for a telehealth encounter.
- 2. I have been given an opportunity to select a consulting provider from Globalmedcure prior to the consultation, including a review of the consulting provider’s credentials. I understand that there is an alternative to telehealth services which I can exercise by visiting a local health practitioner.
- 3. I understand that Globalmedcure will take steps to make sure that my health information is not seen by anyone who should not see it. I understand that telehealth may involve electronic communication of my personal medical information to other medical practitioners who are located in other geographical areas, including out of the country.
- 4. I understand there is a risk of technical failures during the telehealth encounter beyond the control of Globalmedcure. I agree to hold harmless Globalmedcure for delays in evaluation or for information lost due to such technical failures.
- 5. I understand that I have the right to withhold or withdraw my consent to the use of telehealth in the course of my care at any time, without affecting my right to future care or treatment. I understand that I may suspend or terminate access to the service at any time for any reason or for no reason. I understand that if I am experiencing a medical emergency, that Globalmedcure health service specialists are not able to connect me directly to any local emergency services.
- 6. I understand the alternatives to telehealth consultation, such as in-person services are available to me, and in choosing to participate in a telehealth consultation, I understand that some parts of the services involving physical tests may be conducted by individuals at my location, or at a testing facility, at the suggestion of Globalmedcure consulting healthcare provider.
- 7. I understand that eprescription received from the Globalmedcure may or may not be helpful at local pharmacy shops due to laws of different lands.
- 8. I understand that I may expect the anticipated benefits from the use of telehealth in my care, but that no results can be guaranteed or assured.
- 9. I understand that my healthcare information may be shared with other individuals for scheduling and billing purposes. Persons may be present during the consultation other than Globalmedcure provider in order to operate the telehealth technologies.
- 10. I understand that if I participate in a consultation, that I have the right to request a copy of my medical records which will be provided to me by email.
- 11. I understand that in the event of any problem with the website or related services, I agree that my sole remedy is to cease using the website or terminate access to the service. Under no circumstances will Globalmedcure or its affiliate be liable in any way for the use of the telehealth services, including but not limited to, any errors or omissions in content or infringement by any content on the website of any intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties, or for any losses or damages of any kind arising directly or indirectly out of the use of, inability to use, or the results of use of the website, and any website linked to the website, or the materials or information contained on any or all such websites. I agree that I will not hold Globalmedcure, its promoters, its subsidiaries or affiliates liable for any punitive, exemplary, consequential, incidental, indirect or special damages (including, without limitation, any personal injury, lost profits, business interruption, loss of programs or other data on my computer or otherwise) arising from or in connection with your use of the website whether under a theory of breach of contract, negligence, strict liability, malpractice or otherwise, even if we or they have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- 13. I understand that Globalmedcure makes no representation that materials on this website are appropriate or available for use in any other location. I understand that if I access these services from a location in India or any other location, that I do so at my own risk and initiative and that I am ultimately responsible for compliance with any laws or regulations associated with my use.